BAO EATING CHAMPIONSHIP
A tray of bao and 2 minutes
Join us for the 9th Annual Bao Eating Championship on November 6th, 2021 at Water Tower Place. CHOW THAT BAO!
A challenging feat that many attempt, but only a few bao lovers come out on top to claim victory. A year of FREE BAO is on the line. This is go-time.
Follow @WowBao on Instagram Live to tune into the Championship and cheer on the competitors as they chow as many bao as they can in two minutes!
Looking to join in on the fun? Join us at Water Tower place on Saturday 11/6 at 2:00 PM on the 3rd floor. Or tune into the following link to access the Championship via Zoom.
Sign up is closed!
CONTEST + F.A.Q.
- Sign up for your semifinal slot via the Bao Eating Contest form.
- You choose your preferred semifinal date when you fill out the form. Signups are first come first serve. We will contact you if we need you to elect another date.
- Have questions? Contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
- Contestants will have two minutes to eat as many bao as they can.
- Contestants will be given the same savory flavor of bao they consumed during the semi-finals. You choose your flavor when you fill out our entry form.
- Each contestant will be given 24 bao to start with. If additional bao is needed, more will be provided before the contestant’s plate is empty. Additional bao will be added in quantities of 3.
- Water will be provided and may be drunk as needed – yes guests can dunk bao prior to eating if so desired.
- Contestants may arrange the bao on their plate as they wish – all bao must start and remain on the plate.
- Contestants must start with both hands on the table, palms down, on either side of their plate of bao.
- At the end of 2 minutes only finished bao will be counted. If a contestant still has bao in his / her mouth when time is called, that bao will NOT be counted towards their total.
- All competitors are required to wear a mask before and after competition. Competitors will be stationed 6 feet apart, and are ask to remain 6 feet apart before, during, and after competition to keep the competitors and our team safe.
- Wow Bao and Lettuce Entertain You representatives will have final say in all discrepancies / issues / questions.
- Contest is open to legal U.S. residents 18 years-of-age or older.
The Semifinals will be held October 25th – October 29th 2021 at 6 pm at our State + Lake location (1 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601).
There are ten competitors in each semifinal round. Each round, the top 2 competitors who chow the most bao in 2 minutes will advance to the championship for a chance to win FREE BAO for a year!
The Championship will be held on November 6th, 2021 at 2 pm at Water Tower Place (835 Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611).
The top 2 finalists from each Semifinal round will move on to the Championship. The top competitor who chows the most bao in 2 minutes will win FREE BAO for a year!
- Both winners from each semifinal round will receive a t-shirt
- 1st place of each semifinal round will receive a certificate for a catered lunch for 20.
- 2nd place of each semifinal round will receive a certificate for a catered lunch for 10.
- All competitors will receive a FREE BAO card for each bao eaten in 2 minutes.
- The Championship Winner will receive a personalized punch card for a free 6-pack every day for a year. We’ll hold for applause, we know this is a big deal.
- All finalists will receive a $10 Lettuce Entertain You gift card for each Bao eaten in 2 minutes.
- Competitors are allowed to bring a limited number of guests to each round of the competition.
- Follow @WowBao on Instagram Live for live footage and recaps of each semifinal round and the Championship, to cheer on the competitors as they chow as many bao as they can in two minutes!
- Wow Bao will live stream the Championship via zoom. Use the following link to access the Championship.
WOW BAO BAO EATING CONTEST WAIVER AND RELEASE
By entering this contest, you agree to opt-in for our text message and email marketing communication.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the Wow Bao “Bao Eating Contest” and related events and activities, the undersigned, on behalf of myself, agree to the following:
1. I acknowledge and agree that I am age 18 or older at the start of this contest period.
2. I acknowledge and fully understand that I will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury to myself or damage to my personal property, including but not limited to choking, vomiting, feeling nauseous or dizzy, social and economic losses which might result not only from my own actions, inaction’s, injury or negligence, as well as the actions, inactions, or negligence of others, the rules of play, the condition of the premises or of any equipment used or food consumed. Further, there may be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
3. I acknowledge that I have been informed of such risks and hereby willingly assume all of the foregoing risks and others that are not known and accept personal responsibility for all expenses, medical or otherwise, from such damages, injury, disability, or death.
4. I RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, and COVENANT NOT TO SUE, Wow Bao LLC, Valor Equity Partners, Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises, Inc., their respective affiliates, owners, officers, directors, agents, employees, contractors, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the Bao Eating Contest (collectively, the “Releasees”), from any liability to me, my personal representatives, heirs, assigns, next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses, expenses or damages of any sort, on account of damage to personal property or injury caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence or gross negligence of the Releasees or otherwise. I further agree that if despite this release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against one of the Releasees as a result of my involvement in the Wow Bao Eating Contest, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, and HOLD HARMLESS each of the Releasees from any expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage or cost which any of the Releasees may incur as a result of such claim or demand.
5. I agree to complete and provide to the Sponsor an IRS Form W-9 and be responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes should I win a prize.
6. This waiver may not be modified in any way. If any part of this waiver is determined to be invalid by law, all other parts of this waiver shall remain valid and enforceable.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE, AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE IS HELD INVALID, THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY RELATING TO CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19
Wow Bao cannot prevent you from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while utilizing Wow Bao’s services or premises. It is not possible to prevent the presence of the disease. Therefore, if you choose to utilize Wow Bao’s services and/or enter onto Wow Bao’s premises you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I have read and understood the above warning concerning COVID-19. I hereby choose to accept the risk of contracting COVID-19 for myself in order to utilize Wow Bao’s services and enter Wow Bao’s premises.
WAIVER OF LAWSUIT/LIABILITY: “I RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, and COVENANT NOT TO SUE, Wow Bao LLC, Valor Equity Partners, Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises, Inc., their respective affiliates, owners, officers, directors, agents, employees, contractors, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the Bao Eating Contest (collectively, the “Releasees”), from any liability to me, my personal representatives, heirs, assigns, next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses, expenses or damages of any sort, on account of damage to personal property or injury caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part in connection with exposure, infection, and/or spread of COVID-19 related to utilizing Wow Bao’s services and premises. I understand that this waiver means I give up my right to bring any claims including for personal injuries, death, disease or property losses, or any other loss, including but not limited to claims of negligence, and give up any claim I may have to seek damages, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen.